Public Records Request
The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought. For additional information regarding the Public Information Act, please refer to Public Information Act Handbook 2020.
Attorney General Update: Calculation of Business Days and COVID-19
In order to provide additional clarification regarding the calculation of business days during the state response to the coronavirus, governmental bodies should consider the following guidelines when calculating business days:
- Holidays observed by the governmental body are not business days.
- Weekends are not business days.
- Skeleton crew days are not business days.
- A day on which a governmental body’s administrative offices are closed is not a business day.
- If a governmental body has closed its physical offices for purposes of a public health or epidemic response or if a governmental body is unable to access its records on a calendar day, then such day is not a business day, even if staff continues to work remotely or staff is present but involved directly in the public health or epidemic response.
For additional information refer to the Texas A.G. Calculation of Business Days Notice.
THE CITY STAFF IS WORKING UNDER A SKELETON CREW.
Submitting a Request
Submit a request through our online portal to submit an internet based open records request, If you would like to submit an open records request in person, download and print out the Request for Public Information Form..
Windcrest Police Department Crash Report
Need a copy of a Crash Report you may obtain the report directly from the State of Texas Department of Transportation website. You may also submit your request through our online portal Windcrest Police Reports.
Any questions concerning open records requests please contact the Office of the City Secretary by phone or email.. Please refer to the Attorney General of Texas website for Public Information Act guidelines.